7.29.2005

Now, back to the Art


After some detours to Nonsense Land (musta been the heat), here's something new. I found this piece of black fabric under Karma's butt on the floor in my studio.It must be a cotton/poly blend by the way it dug in it's heels and resisted the dishwasher paste I use for discharging. It was covered in cat hair so I washed and dried it first, then discharged and painted it with Lumiere Pewter. 48x46. And here's what I was thinking about when I was painting it. I cannot wait for the Georgia Aquarium to open in the fall. I may become a full-time volunteer down there.

6 comments:

Deb R said...

Well geeze louise, how perfect is THAT!

Is it just me or is it somewhat ironic that you found the perfect fabric under Karma's butt?

Anonymous said...

What a TRULY yummy piece of fabric! What do you use to stop the bleach? I've been using just a LOT of water but now I'm concerned the bleach will just keep on rotting...

Deb Lacativa said...

Thank you!
With this piece, when I decided the markings were the color I wanted, I just
balled it up and through it in the washing machine with a couple of pairs of
bluejeans and some dark towels and some cheepo detergent.

Cathy said...

Great fabric design. Good thing you found it.

gabrielle said...

Cats hiding fabric...now I know what is happening to all the stuff I am missing.
This piece is too perfect for your photo....start now...inquiring minds can't wait to see.

Sonji Hunt said...

Beautiful. I am fascinated with the black and white. I am fascinated with the living cells. I am fascinated with the whale.