6.18.2005

Wavies Cured - "Rubric" Finished


Once I finished the quilting and hand finishing the edges of this piece, I was really starting to worry. The vertical sides were rippling like slices of Swiss left out on the counter over night. I ironed it rather tentatively from the back because I didn't want to mash the circles raised up by the machine quilting. At least a dozen kind and savvy folks from the QA list sent me tips and tricks. I sorted out which ones met my circumstance and voila! I noticed that several of the detail shots include lovely strands of cat fur.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I love, love, love this piece. Jen

Sonji Hunt said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. I sound just like Jen. But it is superfantastic!!! Exceptional use of color and shape and the design with the low "horizon line" is delicious. ENTER IT IN SOMETHING NOW!!!

Grangry said...

MMMMmmmmmmmmmm!

Balwearie said...

Ok... so I'd sound like a copycopycopycat if I said I love love love it, but... hey! Great minds think alike! I absolutely adore the pebble effect! I was just thinking this past weekend that I needed to work on texturizing fabric - this is quite inspirational.

BTW, Happy Solstice!

Anonymous said...

Great work! Love the quilting.
Melanie