6.13.2005

Life in the Tropics


(large size) (detail 1) (detail 2)
I think this humidity is going to do me in. The house AC just isn't up to the combination heat & humidity we have been experiencing. It has rained almost every single day since I got back from QN05 two weeks ago and then the sun comes out just long enought to turn most of the water into steam. You can grow orchids in your hair and mushrooms in your buttcrack.
Remember "Turd Picnic"? Well the top is finished and I decided to officially call it "Hyena" just to be able to stay with it. I don't know where I want to go with the quilting on this one just yet so it's going to hang on the design wall for a bit while I do the hand work on "Rubric".
Now that I am on a creative roll, I have lucked into a part time job and start today. I hope the structure of having to be someplace three days a week will help me better use the other four days - I have been a terrible slacker lately.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Between the unofficial "Turd Picnic" title and growing "mushrooms in your buttcrack", I almost lost it cracking up with laughter here at work!!!