5.24.2005

Working in Public

I have had people all over my house yesterday and today so I started calling them into the room to see what they thought of the work in progress. It's good to have your instincts confirmed and your doubts dragged in the streets for flogging before you glue things in place. I had all kinds of frills, borders and shenanigans going on with this piece - even a word plastered across the yellow/blue horizon in big red letters - before one of my critics reminded me that "Less was definitely more". From Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc. " RUBRIC, n 1: an authoritative rule of conduct or procedure and 6.v : to adorn with ruby red color."

44"x52", hand-dyed, painted and commercial cottons. there will be a lot of machine quilting on this piece.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

looks like turtle shells covering the earth...cool I like the yellow Ginger