5.14.2005

Dirty Pool


We should all look so good in the early morning light.The name came to me as I was working on the machine quilting. This is one of the 15x15 picnic napkins that I painted on a week ago. Although it doesn't show in this picture, I used a few different metallic threads and for once, had no aggravation with the choice. I think I have cursed the Janome into submission, threatening to break out the old Kenmore which I have not even test driven since I had it tuned up for only the second time in 29 years. Hmmm, it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow.

8 comments:

Balwearie said...

That is one kewl pewl! I like the dyed napkin idea. At the very least, it makes a great foundation and I luv the fringe.

Claire said...

The colours on this piece are fantastic! The machine quilting is great, it gives a lovely flowing look.

Cheers
Claire

Lisa said...

I love it! The lines, the colors, the shapes, the composition! A masterpiece!

Nicky said...

I agree about the flow of this piece. Very nice. The colours are great too.

arlee said...

MMM looks like a tidal pool at ebb---peaceful---very soothing

Sonji Hunt said...

Beautiful, Deb. I love the color and the stitching. It meanders so thoughtfully and peacefully. Wonderful line.

Frances said...

wonderful Deb, I agree with all the other comments its great,

Susan Bingham said...

The changes in your line density just GRAB me! Very nice!

Now let me go!!!