4.09.2005

No Guilty Pleasures

The owner of the Artful Quilters Webring posed a question to our fellow bloggers:What's your favorite "guilty pleasure"? Posting my reply here:
I picked up an interesting fact when I was young. In Nepal (or someplace equally distant and exotic), they have no word or term for "guilt". After thinking about that, I decided that it would be interesting to try and live that way. It certainly impels honesty. I have no guilty pleasures. In fact, the first time I heard the expression used in the media somewhere, I really didn't get it right away. I don't always get sarcasm right off the bat either. Guilty Pleasures? It seemed like the king of oxymorons.
If I like something, I enjoy it fully, no apologies. Am I missing something?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you are missing a thing. You can only feel guilty if you let someone else make you feel guilty. We all deserve to feel good about ourselves. I am taking a cue from you. When I take a nap in the afternoon (which is what I listed as MY guilty pleasure) I let my family make me feel guilty...no more. I take a nap because my body tells me to....I would much rather have the energy to be up and doing things.

Your outlook is great.

teri